Although we have detailed guide and a list on best hoverboards you can buy on this blog where I specifically highlighted all the best of best hoverboards available on the market today. But If you are a bit tight over budget and likely to looking for a cheaper version of hoverboard, then I can guide you to select the quality product within your budget.[no_toc]
Can you find a cheap hoverboard?
The hoverboard market is pretty packed recently, there are some new manufacturers started making hoverboard, and the competition is real tough. So on average for a good hoverboard, you have to keep your budget at least over $500. I am talking about big brands like Segway etc. here. These are the top manufacturer of hoverboards and proven to make quality products also with a premium price.
At the same time, there are some Chinese branded hoverboards came along at a cheap price, which looks very attractive but in reality, they are often the lack of safety and can cause a lot of issues.
So in this cheapest hoverboard buying guide, I will highlight a few popular hoverboards which are still a good quality made product, but these will not break your bank account.
Swagtron T5 comes with a learning mode
It is one of the newest addition to the very reputed brand Swagtron. This particular model was newly launched and already proven it’s success comparing precedents Swagtron T1 and T3, which I mentioned in my best hoverboard list.
The design is almost identical to Swagtron T5 but it is only available in black and white. It has a decent speed of 7 mph which is quite reasonable. Also, you can travel about 7 miles on one charge depending on the terrain and other factors. But one cool feature that this product has is the quick charging option. You can charge this fantastic product within an hour which brings this on top of my list.
I would not go into all the technical specs although will highlight a few main features of Swagtron T5
- It weighs about 18 pounds which considered as light
- Top speed 7 mph (11.27 km/h)
- Both wheels installed own 200-watt motor (Pretty powerful for learners)
- Has a learner mode for the newbie to this hoverboard world (a great option if you are beginner)
- Charging time about an hour (One of the best on my view)
- Maximum load 187lbs
- Maximum driving range 7 miles
Now comes to the pro and con list. If you are in a hurry and need to know all about this product, I have specifically researched and found this information. Hope this saves your time.
- Cheap!! Well, the first one had to be this.
- Lightweight means easy to carry
- Comes with a great feature for newbie called learner mode
- Also, the charging time is great only an hour then ready to go again.
- Comes with all the safety certification and one year warranty
- Long battery life (7 miles range)
- Only can carry load up to 187 lbs
- Not water resistant
Check Price On Amazon
If you are looking for guaranteed safety then this Skque hoverboard will fulfill your requirements. Let me demonstrate why this particular self-balancing scooter is one of the safest.
Do you remember a few years back when there was a few incidents of exploding battery issue was seen among the few top brand’s hoverboards? The scenario went too far and became one of the primary concern of all the new hoverboard buyer. But after investigating those cases, it was announced that most of those products had a faulty battery as well as the lack of other safety features.
So at present most of the hoverboard manufacturers are strictly following this safety measurement and producing reliable products. Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an organization is providing certificates to those products that maintain all the safety features.
Skque is one of the cheapest hoverboards in the market that currently have UL 2272 certificate which is great because this assures the reliability of this particular product.
This scooter has 10-inch wheels and comes with 44000mAh li-ion battery manufactured by Samsung. It has two powerful 250-watt motors.
Some of the other notable features of this Skque’s are on board Bluetooth system and a remote that can be used to power on the device. Other standard features are led lights and having options to choose from 10 different colors.
A few of specifications if you are interested
- It weights 29.8 lb
- Top speed of 6.2 mph(10 km/h)
- Charging time 2 hours
- Maximum load 264 lb (120 kg)
- Maximum driving range 10-15 Miles
Let’s have a look some pro and cons of the products in a short list.
- Obviously the UL 2272 certificate (Gives you peace of mind)
- 10 colors to choose from (Not many other products have that much customization option)
- Larger wheel gives a lot more stability on any surfaces.
- Having Bluetooth and remote control features is a bonus
Also, the price is a win.
- Comparatively slow in speed (Although can be considered as a safety feature)
- Tires are inflatable, but there is a valve stem extension is needed which is not included in the box
- Bluetooth connectivity is only for music. No application was provided to monitor battery status etc.
Check Price On Amazon
I would not go through the buying guide on how to choose your first hoverboard again. You can check out here.
But the main factor you should consider is
- Weight limit
- Battery power
Buying a cheap hoverboard can be as tricky as buying your first car. As most of the time, you will get confused between the big range and models of hoverboard available in the market today.
I would highly recommend to at least stay with big brands. You will not only get a hoverboard which is safe but at the same time, these hoverboards will come with the warranty. Also, you will less likely have to worry about the safety and performance for your first cheap hoverboards.
Technology is presenting us so many things this day. And hoverboard is definitely such a gadget that was designed and built to serve on everyday. And if you are new to this then you can definitely start with one of this option. Although if you consider yourself a pro in these then you should try some advanced model as I suggested on my other hoverboard post.